Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hi friends,

Well last weeks blog really spoke to me many times through the week as I "busied" myself with the various tasks that needed doing. Minutes after I posted i started getting "comments" only they were people trying to sell arb. stuff. This week i am going to block comments. If you are a friend of mine, and know my email address, (which I have deliberately not posted on this blog ) then please do email me with your comments. It is the only way that I can tell you visited. If you came across this site by chance, well you are welcome to read what I have to say, but unfortunately due to the abuse of some, I will not be able to get feedback from you.

I think we made some real progress in the play this week and I managed to develop it quite a bit. However on Sunday night, I was really very ill. I had Gastro Entiritis (I think that's how you spell the word). I won't bore you with my symptoms, but suffice to say I felt awful.

On Monday Afternoon I went to write another exam. Having not been able to crack open the books the previous day for a final swat, I was pretty nervous going into that exam, apart from the effects of the sickness which were still troubling me at that time. However, I wrote the exam to the best of my ability and now we can only wait and hope for the results.

I also wrote an exam yesterday. That one was on Religious Studies. It was Multiple Choice so we wait and see how it went.

Last night at Youth Group, Chrissie spoke about the lie that Satan tells us that there is plenty of time and we can decide to commit our lives to Jesus Christ later. The truth is, that at any moment, things can occur that can either end our lives, or can incapacitate us completely. We do not know the day or the hour when Jesus will return and will He find us ready for Him when He comes.

The other aspect of this is that God has a real purpose for our lives. As Christians, are we putting off things that God is saying, "do it NOW" and more or less saying, I'll do it, Lord, tomorrow or later. Later may be too late! How often we have regrets - if only.... When I was in high school, I remember I had a strong prompting to go and talk to a certain boy - but he was not part of my crowd, and I was not part of his. I did not do it. That boy committed suicide. If only...

Friend, if you are reading this and thinking, "That's me. I have put off following Christ. I know that is what I need to do." Then my friend, don't let another day go by. The Bible says, "Today, if you hear my voice., do not harden your hearts." Whether you are 5, 15 or 50 or beyond ask the Lord Jesus Christ to be your Saviour.

The truth is, my friend, that everyone needs a saviour. The Bible says : "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Rom 3:23) and later "The wages of sin is death." (Rom 6:23) If you are living without Christ, you are destined for hell. Hell is eternal separation from God. This would be the predicament of every human being were it not for the intervention of Jesus Christ, God's Son, who died on the cross, to take on the punishment of all sin. Jesus is the ONE AND ONLY way to the Father, God. The Bible says that if you believe, in your heart that Jesus was raised from the dead, and you confess with your mouth that He is Lord, then you will be saved.
Talk to Him now, confess your sin to Him, ask Him to forgive your sin, and ask Him to come into your life today. He will. Then follow it up by starting to walk in a different direction. The Holy Spirit will enter you Spirit at the moment of that decision. Join a fellowship of Christians, if you are not already part of one. Talk to the Pastor or leadership and tell them about your decision to follow Christ. If you know me and my email address you can email me (I would appreciate that).

Start to live differently than you have before. Turn your back on those things that brought you down before. If you are dealing with an addiction, friend, seek help. God does not want you bound up like that. But most of all, my friend rejoice. Be exceedingly happy because, the most awesome thing has happened in your life.

If you made, or are making the decision to follow Jesus, I can direct you to a website that will help you. www.yoursforlife.net

If what I have written above has offended or upset you. I am sorry you are upset by it, but I hope that you will give careful consideration to what I have said. I sincerely believe that it is only through Jesus Christ that a person can experience Salvation. You of course are free to believe differently, and to post a blog publicizing those convictions. Some day, we shall all know who was right or who was wrong.