Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Saying Good Bye

I bet some of you were wondering whether I had forgotten about or given up on this blog. I'm not called johnny blog for nothing. No I had not forgotten, but I have been incredibly busy and to find sufficient time to write up a decent blog in the last weeks has just not been possible but I decided to set a few minutes aside now so that I can "catch myself up"

I cannot remember the last submission I made, but here is a brief summary:

The school had their musical: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor® Dreamcoat.Despite many things conspiring to turn it into a fiasco, the ultimate result was well received, and most importantly, the children who were participating enjoyed themselves and felt fulfilled. A lot of people came to me to congratulate on its success, but I do have to acknowledge that it was a collective effort of many people, but most of all, I could not have done it without the guidance and intervention of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Saying Goodbye: On November 18th I had the first of many Goodbyes. The mission organisation I have been involved with as a member of their "Regional Advisory Council" had a little dinner as a farewell dinner.

On November 25th, after our end of term staff meeting, the staff from the school I have been working for, for the past three years, wished me well and gave me a present. A few of the staff had very kind words about me about the qualities that they saw in me and appreciated about me. Modesty of course prevents me from recounting these. But their words are greatly appreciated.

But the most difficult goodbyes came yesterday. I went to my Christian fellowship for the last time and had the last service with them. They prayed for me as I went. Normally, I am not at a loss for words, but yesterday, I definitely was. I knew that if I said anything, I would have broken down and cried. I really love that assembly and can truly say in the short five years that I have been a part of that church, I have been welcomed and accepted for who I am. Now I will become a part of a church where I am going, and that is something to look forward to, but one's spiritual family (immediate family that is, because ultimately all Christians all over the world are brothers and sisters in the Lord) is a very special place. Friends, you're a blessing and I will not forget you! Praise the Lord for Email, we can continue to remain "in touch."

Yesterday afternoon I got together with a group of my very special friends and the wished me well on my new direction. I found that quite hard, especially when two of my friends started to cry.

In a few days from now, I will be saying goodbye to the land of my birth, a beautiful country full of wonderful people. The country has received a lot of negative press of late, and truly there are lots of faults, but we should never allow the negative to overshadow the good. I will continue to pray for my beloved land, and ask the Lord to restore to it, the years the locusts have eaten, and even as I expand my horizons, I will always thank God for letting me grow up in that beautiful country.

Well friends, that's it for this week, and I hope that there won't be another hiatus of weeks between submissions, though I won't be silly enough to promise! Johnny Blog

No comments: